What is ‘Living the dream’? The definition of living the dream can be different for…
As a small business owner, protecting your systems from cyber security threats is essential.
Here are some simple things you can do to keep your business and clients data safe from cybercriminals.
- Ensure that all software and app’s are kept up to date. Using outdated versions of software can leave the door open for cybercriminals to access your devices.
- Turn on updates to be performed automatically. This can reduce the risk of missing out on important updates.
- Where possible use multi-factor authentication (MFA). MFA combines 2 or more security measures such as fingerprint, password or physical token to protect your accounts.
- Use strong passphrases that are difficult to guess. Long, unpredictable and unique phrases are difficult for cybercriminals to crack.
- Learn how to recognise, prevent and report cyber incidents.
The ATO website has more information on protecting your small business from cybersecurity threats.